SonicFox, Noble eSports, Other Pros Return for Season 2 of The Kombat Cup
Kicks Off Feb. 12, More than $12,000 in Cash Prizes
AUSTIN, TX – Feb. 1, 2017 – Stream.Me‘s Kombat Cup, a Mortal Kombat tournament where top pros including EVO’s Mortal Kombat XL and Kombat Cup Season 1 champion SonicFox compete with other pro players, will return for a second season starting Feb. 12, 2017. More than $12,000 in prize money will be distributed over the tournament.
The Kombat Cup will run weekly from Feb. 12, 2017 through May 14, 2017 dishing out weekly cash prizes. Free registration opens to everyone every Sunday, starting Feb. 5, allowing players to enter the qualifier bracket that takes place the following Sunday or next Monday.
The top eight players from each qualifying tournament will advance to the weekly finals which will take place on Wednesdays. Weekly winners will receive payouts from a $400 USD cash prize pool as well as league points that will be distributed among the top sixteen fighters.
Fans can tune in to catch the action broadcasted live via Stream.Me, a video platform that gives viewers the ability to simultaneously watch multiple players and casters’ streams on a single channel in up to 4K HD video running at 60 frames-per-second. Stream.Me also allows viewers to blend audio from different broadcasts, as well as combine several chatrooms, granting the audience unmatched control over their user experience with Stream.Me’s built-in multi-channel and multi-chat functionality.
Tournament Prize Pool:
- First Place – $1,500
- Second Place – $1,000
- Third Place – $700
- Fourth Place – $400
- Fifth Place Tie – $100 per player
- First Place – $200 and 150 league points
- Second Place – $100 and 125 league points
- Third and Fourth Place – $50 and 75 league points
- Fifth through Eighth Place – 50 league points
- Ninth through Sixteenth Place – 25 league points
- First Place – 25 league points
- Second Place – 20 league points
- Third and Fourth Place – 15 league points
- Fifth through Eighth Place – 10 league points