A top-down survival horror shooter inspired by Resident Evil and Silent Hill, Outbreak brings back the nostalgic days of mowing down the undead online with other players while dealing with limited supplies and random enemy/item placement.
A WORLD ON THE BRINK
An unknown turn of events from a government-funded cancer research project at the Arzt Memorial Hospital has led to a mysterious outbreak. You and three of your friends take control of four characters:
* Seasoned police officer
* Increased damage resistance
* Starts with a pistol
* Computer scientist and engineer
* Takes more damage
* Starts with a lockpick
* Bioscience college student
* Regenerates health faster
* Starts with a healing item
* Larger inventory than the others
* Can’t combine healing salves
The four strangers must become the closest of allies to fight off the undead horde as a team and discover who (or what) is responsible for unleashing this nightmare…
KILL OR BE KILLED
Outbreak’s unforgiving difficulty will test your nerves and force you to think on your feet. You’re thrown into an intense and difficult survival situation with limited inventory space for equipment, no pausing, challenging puzzles, and ONE LIFE.
Be ready to face flaming monstrosities, poisonous undead canines, and more! Fortunately, a wide array of weaponry and additional equipment is scattered throughout the hospital facility: pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, axes, knives, climbing picks, and even grenade launchers. Don’t forget to look for opportunities to combine items in your inventory to get the most out of them — such as mixing healing salves for stronger effects. You can even trade with your teammates to make sure everyone has the most suitable gear.
Multiplayer runs on cloud servers. According to developer Dead Drop Studios, there should be virtually no connection issues. (There’s no P2P, so players don’t directly connect.) Furthermore, Outbreak has a *region selector* to ensure a low ping worldwide.
* Friendly play: 4-player online co-op multiplayer featuring voice chat.
* Dark atmosphere: Explore a deserted hospital infested by the undead.
* Brutal difficulty: Your character only has a single life; includes 3 difficulty settings.
* Limited inventory: Decide which items are worthy, and which should be left behind.
* Expansive arsenal: Defend yourself with a multitude of firearms and melee weapons.
* Challenging puzzles: Scour each room to solve puzzles and learn about the outbreak.
* High replay value: Semi-random enemy and item layouts make every playthrough unique.
* Distinct characters: Four playable characters with individual attributes and starting gear.
* Essential equipment: Earn during play or trade (Steam only) with other users.
Outbreak will launch with full controller support, and it works perfectly with Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Outbreak will be released on Steam (Windows only) on Tuesday, January 17 for $10.49 — 30% off the $14.99 retail price. The launch sale is set to end on January 24.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Dead Drop Studios develops survival horror games inspired by hardcore, unforgiving gameplay mechanics. The studio’s first title, Outbreak, returns to the roots of survival horror while adding a multiplayer co-op twist. Dead Drop Studios hopes to revitalize the genre and gather support for more ambitious projects. To learn more, please visit http://www.deaddropstudios.com/.