Darksiders Warmastered Edition Supports PlayStation 4 Pro, Teaser Trailer Released
Console players are catching up – 4K for Darksiders Warmastered Edition NOT reserved for PC only
Vienna, AUSTRIA – November 16, 2016: Today, THQ Nordic announced that Darksiders Warmastered Edition will be their Playstation 4 Pro pioneer. Say hello to THQ Nordic’s first (but surely not last) 4K console game.
On November 22, Darksiders Warmastered Edition will release on Sony’s Playstation®4, and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
The PC version will be released on November 29, and Nintendo’s Wii U™ version (both retail and digital) will follow at a later stage. Information on the release date will follow soon.
Last but not least, we have a short teaser trailer for Darksiders available:
Darksiders Warmastered Edition Features:
- PS4, Xbox One and Wii U versions of Darksiders (Wrath of War)
- Native 1080p rendering resolution for console platforms
- 4k support for PC and PS4 Pro
- Doubled all the texture resolutions
- Rendering improvements and rework
- 60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay (30 for Wii U)
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
Hunted by a vengeful group of Angels, War must take on the forces of Hell, forge uneasy alliances with the very demons he hunts, and journey across the ravaged remains of the Earth on his quest for vengeance and vindication.
- Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
- Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
- Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
- Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons, unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
- Battle Heaven and Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way – from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes
About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2008, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna, Austria and Karlstad, Sweden with subsidiaries in Germany and the USA,THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction and Titan Quest. THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are Grimlore Games based in Munich, Germany and Rainbow Studios based in Phoenix, Arizona.