Atmospheric 2D/3D RPG-Platformer ‘Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King’ Hits Kickstarter With 93% Community Approval Rating
Latest Square Enix Collective game seeks ~$89,000 USD
London, UK – November 3 2016: Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King, the atmospheric 2D RPG-platformer with 3D boss battles, has launched on Kickstarter. Having achieved a staggering 93% community approval rating in their Square Enix Collective Feedback pitch, Redlock Studios, the French developer creating the game, has set a goal of €80,000 ($87,500, £72,000 as of KS launch) to continue development of the game. Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King is being planned for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King takes place in a strange and shattered world, ruled by Elder Gods. Follow the Wanderer on his journey to discover memories of his past, with The Whisperer – a mysterious and cynical creature – guiding him on his quest. Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King will take you on a journey of choices and hidden stories, with all your decisions determining your path.
“The Square Enix Collective community overwhelmingly supported the Collective campaign for Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King”, said Phil Elliott, director of Indie Development at Square Enix. “With stunning visuals, innovative camera mechanics and solid RPG crafting and story elements, Redlock Studios has struck a chord with this game. Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King will make a wonderful addition to the diverse and quality roster of projects supported through crowdfunding by Square Enix Collective”.
About Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King
- 2.5D platformer with 3D boss battles
- Stunning hand-crafted atmospheric art style – in the classic tradition of French studios
- RPG crafting and skills system
- Intricate fantasy universe born on a classic RPG forum
- Unique in-game language
- Several possible outcomes and storylines, dependent on puzzles & boss battles
- Developed using Unreal Engine 4
- Releasing on PC, PS4, and Xbox One in 2018
“Shattered is one of my favorite pitches to come onto Collective – look at that concept art!” – Amy-Marie Graves, Square Enix Community Executive.
For all the latest information on Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King, please visit:
- Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King Kickstarter: kickstarter.com/projects/1537596976/shattered-tale-of-the-forgotten-king/
- Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King Square Enix Collective campaign: collective.square-enix.com/projects/230/shattered-tale-of-the-forgotten-king
About Redlock Studios
Founded in 2015 in Lyon, France, Redlock Studio’s mission is to build the lore and atmosphere of the world they created. The studio is named after a mystic place, a way between the worlds, in the Shattered: Tale of the Forgotten King universe. After the community’s critical acclaim on the Square Enix Collective platform, the team is now officially announcing their first game – the Redlock adventure has only just begun.
About Square Enix Collective
Square Enix Collective is an initiative that provides a range of non-restrictive services to independent developers to help them raise the profile of their projects, and bring them to market. Square Enix Collective has helped independent developers raise over $1 million USD of crowdfunding to date.
- Community-building via the Collective Feedback platform
- Support through crowdfunding for selected projects
- Publishing and marketing services (including QA and platform relations)
- A limited number of production investments for specific projects
Creative control and all original IP rights are retained by the developers.
For more information on Square Enix Collective please contact email@example.com
Square Enix Collective website: collective.square-enix.com
Follow @SQEX Collective on Twitter®: twitter.com/sqexcollective
SQUARE ENIX, the SQUARE ENIX logo, SQUARE ENIX COLLECTIVE, and the SQUARE ENIX COLLECTIVE logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Square Enix group of companies. SHATTERED: TALE OF THE FORGOTTEN KING and REDLOCK STUDIOS are trademarks of Redlock Studios. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.