HALLOWEEN COMES TO DAYBREAK TOWN IN
KINGDOM HEARTS: UNCHAINED χ
LOS ANGELES (Oct. 4, 2016) — SQUARE ENIX® and Disney are celebrating the spooky holiday in KINGDOM HEARTS: UNCHAINED χ throughout October with several limited-time events featuring prizes for newcomers and veterans alike.
Keyblade wielders will be able to participate in the following Halloween events to earn powerful items, costumes, and more. Jack Skellington, Halloween Town Sora, and other favorites will also be making appearances all month.
- Jack Skellington Medal Event (Oct. 1-16) – Defeat special Halloween-themed Heartless enemies in these special event stages to earn a Jack Skellington Medal.
- Weekend Raid Events All Month (Oct. 1-30) – Each weekend, battle the mighty Hocus Pocus raid boss to earn Chip, Dale, and Moogle Medals, which can be used to upgrade character Medals and earn Munny.
- Coliseum Ranking Prizes (Oct. 1-31) – Complete ranking quests in the Coliseum to earn powerful skill upgrades and special Vampire outfits.
- Extra Coliseum Event (Oct. 3-9) – High-level players can earn Gems to upgrade their Keyblades by challenging Cloud and other powerful enemies in the Coliseum during this event.
- Later in the month, the Halloween Heartless will make a comeback, and players can defeat them to earn a Halloween Sora Medal and other prizes.
In KINGDOM HEARTS: UNCHAINED χ, players are armed with Keyblades and traverse iconic Disney worlds to battle armies of Heartless. Along the way, players can collect, fuse and evolve hundreds of Medals that contain the power of Disney and Square Enix heroes and villains to customize the attack style of their Keyblades, partner with other players in guilds to take down Heartless bosses and much more.
KINGDOM HEARTS: UNCHAINED χ is available now as a free-to-play app (with in-app purchases) through the App Store for iPhone and on Google Play for Android devices.
Official Homepage: www.kingdomhearts.com/unchained
Facebook® Page: http://www.facebook.com/kingdomhearts
About the KINGDOM HEARTS Series
KINGDOM HEARTS is a series of role-playing games created through the collaboration of Disney and Square Enix. Since the first KINGDOM HEARTS was released in March 2002 for the PlayStation®2 system, the series has expanded several additional entries. The series celebrated its 10th anniversary in March 2012, and has shipped over 21 million units worldwide.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises two main lines of business: Disney Consumer Products (DCP), and Disney Interactive (DI). The combined segment is home to world class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as IO Interactive™, Crystal Dynamics®, and Eidos Montréal. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 115 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 68 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 46 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.